We've been married almost 6 years and have 3 kids. We live in Memphis for Erick's schooling and we are seriously loving life!

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

this one thing

this one thing called "mothering" is tough.  Today has been tough. Yesterday was t.o.u.g.h.  Those kiddos really know how to get under my skin. They really know how to push every limit.  And, why do I break? Is it because I'm tired?  I'd like to hope so.
Sometimes, like today, I feel like it's simply because I'm really not a 'graduated' mother yet. I just don't know what to do sometimes. I wish there were some sort of school that once you graduated (even with c's or d's) that you would just know what to do. How to handle situations. How to keep a grip on your own self control. Instead we have to do this thing called mothering day in and day out and hopefully learn something that I could put into practice. That that one thing called patience....oh  my.
Mothering is a tough job.  I got an email the other day from someone saying that the role of a stay at home mom is now only worth 112K instead of 132K it was estimated at 5 years ago.  Is that supposed to be encouraging?? I mean there are so many times that I already feel so worthless.  It just doesn't always feel that 'wonderful' to clean messes, change diapers, mediate fights, wipe bottoms, do laundry, cook dinner, wash dishes....and then repeat daily, hourly.
I love my kids. I do. Sometimes I just wish I could learn everything I need to know in a organized, calm, classroom.

5 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Haha. Amen!

Unknown said...

I agree! For what it is worth, I think you do a fantastic job as a mother. I have to remind myself that the whole part about not being perfect applies to my kids too. They aren't going to be perfect all the time and I need to accept that. Anyways, that is just something I am working on right now so I thought I would share.

Laura Cates said...

Sorry you are feeling a little discouraged Jenn. I know you love your kids and are a great mother to them. I was looking for different quote I recently read, but couldn't find it. I liked this one as well by President Hinckley:
“You are doing the best you can, and that best results in good to yourself and to others. Do not nag yourself with a sense of failure. Get on your knees and ask for the blessings of the Lord; then stand on your feet and do what you are asked to do.”

Michelle Stocking said...

I've felt what you felt. I think it is especially discouraging when you just don't know what to do! There was seriously several months after I had two kids that I felt like I was ruining my kids lives and futures and I didn't want to be a mom! Recently, I've been listening to these podcasts called "Raise your kids, not your voice." They have been awesome! I've changed my perspective on parenting and feel a lot more in control and educated as a parent. And I'm loving motherhood more. It's nice to have some options and some guidance. I've also been reading a few other books that have been good. Email me if you want some suggestions. Hang in there and remember to not kick yourself in the pants so much for not being a perfect mom. No one is--and your kids will learn even from your imperfections! You're doing great.

Halo BW said...

Nice post!

https://www.uwienbudi.com/2019/05/tips-memilih-pinjaman-online.html

Life as it Happens