We've been married almost 6 years and have 3 kids. We live in Memphis for Erick's schooling and we are seriously loving life!

Sunday, June 05, 2011

A slap in the face


The following occurred in my kitchen last week:

I was fixing breakfast.
Everett & Ryan: I want milk. I want milk. I want milk. I want milk...
I give them both milk.
1 second later
Everett & Ryan: I want cereal. I want cereal. I want cereal....
I finish fixing breakfast and give them their bowls.
1 nano second later.
Everett & Ryan: I want a spoon. I want a spoon. I want a spoon. I want a spoon.
I give them both spoons.
1 fraction of a nano second later
Everett & Ryan: I want honey. I want honey. I want honey...
I give them honey in their cereal. Before I can even finish that
Everett: Don't stir my honey. Don't stir my honey. Don't stir my honey. (Do I ever stir your honey??)
1 second after the non-stirring honey incident.
Everett & Ryan: I need something to wipe my mouth with. I need something to wipe my mouth with....
After all those I want, I want, I wants I finally sputtered out in frustration,
Can't you stop asking me for more things and just say thank you for what I already gave you??!!

Wow. Talk about a lesson for myself! How many times to I pray, I want, I want, I want, I need, I need, I need, Amen. I have some work to do!

No comments:

Life as it Happens