We've been married almost 6 years and have 3 kids. We live in Memphis for Erick's schooling and we are seriously loving life!

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

4 years of bliss

We celebrated our 4th anniversary last week. We switch off who plans Valentine's Day and our anniversary each year. Erick had Valentine's Day so it was my turn for our anniversary. We didn't have very much money to spend, so I had to get a little creative.
We at dinner with the kids at home then dropped them off at some friends' for the evening. (thanks Melissa!) We headed over to Shelby Farms for a dessert picnic. I got some sparkling cider and a mini chocolate cake, YUM!
Then we started out on our adventure. We borrowed a GPS from Melissa & Brian so we could go geocaching. That's something we've been wanting to do for a long time but haven't had a GPS to do it. On the way to the coordinates we walked by this pond that has the most beautiful, big lilies.
When I went down on the bank to take the picture of the lilies I saw these turtle egg shells.

Then I noticed that there was still one more waiting to hatch.

And we saw this 'web'. These are everywhere here and I've always thought, that spider would swallow a small child!! But as we looked closer it's actually caterpillars. That was very relieving to me! Although maybe that's where our gigantic horn worms come from...


The first set of coordinates we tried took us through some really tall scary grass. Tons of HUGE (I'm talking mouse size) spiders and other creepy bugs. I got bit by something all over my body! After trudging through that for a few minutes we decided to try the other coordinates we had. We got the the 2nd destination much easier although we couldn't find the hidden treasure geocache! Darn! Oh well. We still had a great time and want to go again sometime!

4 years has FLOWN by!! I can't believe how quickly it has gone! Erick is amazing! I'm so thankful to have him! He treats me like a queen every day! When we first got married he programmed a daily reminder into his cell phone that said, 'I'm married to the queen of my heart' or something like that. And, he has ALWAYS treated me that way. Shown me complete respect and thoughtfulness. He is a good man. I am thankful to have him.

No comments:

Life as it Happens