We've been married almost 6 years and have 3 kids. We live in Memphis for Erick's schooling and we are seriously loving life!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nature's Way

I've decided that nature has a way of preparing you for a baby to come....waking up a few times a night to go to the bathroom and then not being able to get comfortable to go back to sleep. This way, when the baby comes, you're already somewhat used to not getting the regular beauty rest that you might usually get.


So, I woke up around 2:30, laid in bed for an hour and a half, decided to munch on something in the kitchen, and now I'm browsing blogs....oh when can this baby come??!!!



Over the weekend we took a very quick trip to Dallas to visit Erick's aunt and uncle and grandma and grandpa. We had a great time! We left Friday after Erick got home from teaching, got there late Friday night, stayed Saturday, and left after church on Sunday. It was FAST, but I'm so glad we went. Erick's grandma and grandpa aren't doing very well and we wanted to see them. They have lived such remarkable lives, I really look up to them.


His grandma has had pretty bad health for many years and has become virtually blind. Becoming blind has forced her to give up many of her favorite hobbies like reading and sewing. Yet, through all the years, aches, and pains, she has remained positive and tried to find the very best in every situation. She's amazing.

3 comments:

Johnson Music Academy said...

That's great that you got a chance to go visit Grandma and Grandpa Johnson! Alan really wants to go to TX to visit them this summer!

We miss you guys!!

dana said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my MADE blog. Good luck with your upcoming baby! That last stretch is sooo hard.

Carleton & Robyn said...

I hear you. I was hoping for a nap while Apollo's sleeping but Annie is the one keeping me up right now so here I am looking at blogs.

Life as it Happens